Sunday, June 7, 2009

Can you believe it, I am updating my blog!!!

Science Fair


Okay so I know it has been forever, and I know I have a lot of excuses however I won't try to justify I will just try to do better!  So much has happened in the last little while that I have been a little overwhelmed by the idea of what to blog about first so I am going to start with some of the big events and then day by day I hope to add some of the other stuff until I am caught up.

So here goes blog worthy event #1:

Maddie and Naomi decided to do the science fair this year.  Sounds easy enough, after all they do come from a long line of scientist! (Grandpa, Uncle and Dad)  Well this became quite an eventful experience.  It started with the difficulty of only having two weeks to develop, research, experiment and complete 2 science fair projects!

Here are some prep pix:  (Maddie measured the velocity of a marble falling through household liquids to eventually figure out the viscosity of those liquids after using the formula for viscosity, "Magic Marbles Make Marvelous Measurements" and Naomi used the scientific method to determine how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop.  We got everyone involved!)

Naomi thinking of what to do....


Maddie working on her viscosity formula.













4 comments:

Diana said...

Welcome back!! I'm excited to see what else you have to post.

Layton family said...

Oh Em, you have been holding on to these pics for too long!!! Just keep posting, I know you have so many to do. You should just do a slide show titled "what we did this year" You can do a great one through smilebox.

AmyT said...

Wow...you finally updated! Yay! How have you guys been? Glad to see you back :) Now was this the SAME sucker in every picture that EVERYONE licked?? ICKY! How on earth did you get Grandpa to agree on that one???

Jenna Brems said...

Wow! I might have to steal Maddie's project idea if I ever have a science fair!! Great job girly :)