Monday, October 20, 2008

My sweetheart came home!!!!

As many of you know Jared had to stay behind in College Station in order to finish his dissertation.  We have been missing him terribly.  We have been separated for 5 weeks.  As of last week we still did not know when it would all be over.  I was feeling so bad that he would be spending his birthday alone and so stressed out.  Then wouldn't you know it he just walked through the door on Thursday night to surprise us with a weekend visit!  I was so surprised and so shocked.  I could not believe my eyes.  It took me a little bit to realize it was really him.  I have never been so surprised in all my life.  Then to make matters even better I found out that he is defending this Friday and then coming home for good!  We had a great time and Michael kept telling him every where we went to stay here and not to go to work anymore, it was so cute!

 

Here is a picture of our little surprise we had waiting in the garage for him!






2 comments:

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

YAY! I'm so happy for you!. We keep waiting for Glenn to come back. 2 more weeks in Utah then quick trips to interviews. What a pain. I'll be the one who will spend b-day jsut with my kids. I wish he could do the same and just surpise me but I'm realistic that won't happen:(

Alyson said...

Hey, girl, look who made it to see your blog! See you tomorrow!